- President, DHd-Verband (German-speaking Digital Humanities Association; co-opted 2015, elected 2017, president since 2018)
- Representative of DHd and Speaker, EADH Associate Organization Forum of the European Association for Digital Humanities (2016-present)
- Chair of the board, with Lars Schneider and Robert Hesselbach, of the information platform romanistik.de (2011-present)
- Member, working group „Digital Romance Studies“ (Digitale Romanistik) at the German Association of Romance Languages, Literatures and Cultures Association (DRV; speaker from 2014-2019)
- Member of the scientific council, FID AVL (disciplinary information service for Comparative Literature; 2016-present)
- Permanent guest of the scientific council, FID Romanistik (disciplinary information service for Romance Studies; 2016-present)
- Member of the scientific council, forTEXT project (2018-)
- Member of the scientific council, promptus (Würzburg early career investigator journal) (2014-present)
- Member of the Ad-hoc Working Group „Text and Data Mining“ in the framework initiative “Digital Information” of the Allianz-Initiative (2014-present)
- Member of the team, TaDiRAH – Taxonomy of Digital Research Methods (2013-present)
- Member of the CLARIN-D Fach-AG „Other Philologies“ (2011-present)
- Member of the comité de rédaction of the journal Humanités numériques (2017-present)
- Editor, with Mirjam Blümm, Stefan Schmunk and Thomas Kollatz, of the DARIAH-DE Working Papers (2013-present)
- Member of the editorial team of the German-speaking scholarly blogging platform de.hypotheses.org (2012-present)
- Reviewer for journals, e.g. Journal of the Text Encoding Initiative, Digital Scholarship in the Humanities (previously Literary and Linguistic Computing), Journal of Literary Theory, Digital Humanities Quarterly, Journal of Translation Studies (2018).
- Reviewer for conferences, e.g. annual conference of the DHd-Verband (reviewer for 2015, member of the programme committee for 2016, vice-chair of the programme committee for 2017, member of the programme committee for 2018) as well as for the annual Digital Humanities Conference (reviewer for 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019).
- Reviewer for grant proposals, e.g. European Research Council: Consolidator Grants (2017), National Science Foundation, Poland (2017), European Cooperation in Science and Technology (COST, 2019).
- Member of the scientific committee for scholarly events, e.g. DH-Case II: Collaborative Annotations in Shared Environments (Fort Collins, 2014), European Summer University (Leipzig, 2016 und 2017), Machiner la poésie / Plotting poetry (Basel, 2017).
- Chair of the Infrastrastructure Committee and member of the Steering Committee of ADHO (Alliance of Digital Humanities Associations; 2015-2019)
- Member of the Steering Committee of the Special Interest Group „Digital Literary Stylistics“ (SIG-DLS) at ADHO (2017-2018)
- Member of the finding committee: Professur für neuere deutsche Literaturwissenschaft (2007), Professur für Romanische Sprachwissenschaft (2009), Professur für spanische Literaturwissenschaft (2009-2010), University of Kassel.
- Elected representative of the intermediate-level research and teaching staff, Fachbereichsrat des FB02, University of Kassel (2004-2006).
- Elected representative of the intermediate-level research and teaching staff, Institut für Romanistik, University of Kassel (2006-2007 & 2009-2011).